04 October 2017

Games : Sudoku


If you type Sudoku on a search engine, you'll find millions of results. In all Sudoku games, the goal is simple but the way to achieve it may be a difficult one : you must fill 9x9 grids on a paper, or more modern and ecological, on apps on your computer, smartphone or tablet. 



Indeed, in this rather solitary and introspective game, spread to us from Japan, the combinations are endless, especially when you play harder levels, with more grids and fewer numbers displayed as initial clues. These depend, on the difficulty you request and the specific app you use, and I cannot review as there are more Sudoku apps than I could ever count or even try, by my sheer limitations of platforms (I don't own a tablet, and my smartphone is windows 8 based).

The game isn't about mathematics, in the sense that you don't need to operate or carry anything to succeed your task. You just have to be patient, observe, and start at the lowest difficulty setting to see the logical process of noticing each grid in relation to another, as each number will appear only once in a 9x9 grid and only once per line and column. Thus, you fill in the gaps of which number you think is most suitable for what you see, and in this exercice, you practice both patience and logical assessment of the grids. 

AE Sudoku which I played on my smartphone whilst waiting for medical appointments or in buses on my way to them, or to shopping, offer 4 difficulty levels which are easy, medium, hard and expert. You must win consecutive games in a level to unclock the one above. If am not mistaken, I had to win 3 in a row, but it's been a while since I unlocked everything. 

It holds a tiny record of my games, with best score, best time (because this app also times you) and how many wins in each level. 

When you play it, and unlock all, you can choose which level you want to play, even lower ones that you already won. 

My difficulty with this app is that my screen is quite small, my hands are quite big and I often typed on the wrong square and number association, thus losing games not to my logical conclusions, but to technicalities. 

I  much prefer to play on websites such as websudoku & sudoku.com on my computer, which has 24'' high res screen, so I can see what I'm doing and remain comfortable, and not hurt my eyes as much. 

The first of those have 4 difficulty levels, a downloadable version for just under 15$, whilst the second of these have 3 levels. Again, just type sudoku, or add the words play online, and you'll get enough options to fill your days with.




No comments:

Post a Comment